Table manner is one of the supporting abilities in the career and professional world. Come now, know more about eating rules through this one article! When you hear the term table manner, what comes to your mind? For some people, these eating rules are often considered complicated and inconvenient. In fact, this habit really needs to be applied, especially when you are meeting with colleagues, or when you are in a fancy casino to play some with some friends.
However, knowledge and mastery of table manners certainly cannot be ignored. When entering the world of work or professionals, for example. You will often be invited to various formal dinners and are required to be able to apply good eating etiquette. It’s not just at the restaurant, when you visit Casino, you also need to have some manner. Especially when the Casino also have sports book betting, where you can bet your favorite football team like Liverpool or Chelsea. You can try to visit http://220.127.116.11/sbobet for your first time betting, the site is using SBOBET platform.
Table manners themselves act as universal rules that apply in all countries. Therefore, even though you are still in college, you need to understand at least some of the basic rules of proper eating habits.
1. Use of Tableware in Table Manner
In a formal dinner, there are various tableware provided with specific functions. Therefore, you need to know the type of cutlery available so you are not mistaken and confused when you have to use it. First, the use of spoons and forks.
Both of these tools must be used when eating menus, such as rice and vegetables. Also pay attention to the type of spoon you want to use because rice and soup spoons certainly have different sizes. Second, the use of knives and forks when eating meat dishes and the like.
The way you need to practice is quite easy, namely holding the fork in your left hand and the knife in your right hand. In addition, the use of napkins is also common in formal banquets. However, you don’t need to be confused! Spread the napkin on your lap before starting to eat. After that, just use the corner of the napkin to wipe your lips and fingers after you finish eating.
2. Understand the types of food available
In table manner, there are unwritten rules regarding the order of eating a dish, from appetizer, main course, to dessert. Therefore, make sure you know each of the menus of this dish, so you don’t make a mistake when eating it.
For example, for an appetizer there are usually two types of food, namely a hot appetizer and a cold appetizer. The form can be in the form of soup and salad. While the main course, the menu served can be in the form of steak, seafood, vegetables, potatoes, and other heavy dishes.
Finally, as a dessert, you can enjoy cold food or drinks, such as ice cream, juices, cakes, and puddings. So, don’t let the order be reversed, okay!
3. Gestures in Table Manner
Gestures and manners are important aspects that you must pay attention to in table manners. This includes a variety of elements, from sitting position to eating.
Let’s take a look at the following points!
- When sitting on a chair, make sure your body is in an upright position, not bent over, and not leaning against the chair
- Pay attention to the position of the hands while eating. Make sure you don’t open your arms too wide as it will take up a lot of space. Also avoid putting your elbows on the table.
- Chew food with your mouth closed and do not taste or make a sound when chewing food
- Don’t talk when your mouth is still filled with food
- When finished eating, put the utensils, such as spoons, forks, and knives upside down and form the letter X
- Say “excuse me” when you have to leave the dining table, such as when going to the toilet or picking up the phone. Those are some basic knowledge about table manners that you need to know and learn from now on.
Although it’s still not needed, but there’s no harm in mastering proper eating procedures, right?.